Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Latest Playtest Impressions

This is very long article so I divided into 3 part.


General Impressions
I felt the game was a little faster than when I got to play it a while back at around the 50% complete mark. This wasn’t a bad thing, as the pace of play was still relatively slower than pes2009. Personally I’d have liked it a tad slower, as earlier, but i’m probably being over picky there.

We were told that this version was around the 70% mark.

The general look and feel of the matches was very impressive. You instantly get the feel that this is PES. I don’t want to keep going on about the graphics, as you’ve probably heard enough from various sources about how stunning the game looks, but the game looks STUNNING!
PES players are not graphics whores by nature, but the facelift the visuals has really enhances the whole gaming experience.

Match day atmosphere feels very good. The crowd noises are great. We only played on a standard LCD screen with stereo speakers, so weren’t able to comment on surround sound capabilities of the game. As Francis mentioned, there is a noticeable difference in cheers when home/away teams score, but I think we haven’t benefitted from hearing it on surround sound properly.
Again I was expecting to be able to hear away players being booed, and other little nuances like that, but they weren’t present in this build.

Unfortunately contrary to what Francis reported, crowd chants are still present. I played as Liverpool, and could still hear the world famous (not!) “Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool” chant that Konami has incorporated. It wasn’t as prominent as in PES2009 audibly, but it’s there and is enough to make me shudder. I’m really hoping that Konami ditch crowd chants for specific teams and concentrate on crowd dynamics matching the action on the pitch, so fingers crossed Konami do this for us. The ability to import team chants would take care of individuals who prefer to hear them in my opinion.

In this playtest, my main focus was on gameplay, and not on the various modes of play. I had a very brief look at the master league mode, and this time round you will need to either read the manual, or pay attention to the on screen help to get you into action. Which is very refreshing and a very welcome challenge which I think many of us will enjoy. Master League now has the revamp that we’ve been screaming out for.
I played on both the PS3 and 360 versions of the game. There are currently differences between them graphically and possibly a little in the game play too. Currently the 360 version seems to have a bit more polish to it as Francis mentioned. I don’t want to start a flame war on which version is going to be better or anything like that. I fully expect both versions to be pretty much identical come launch.

Part 2

Credit : www.pesgaming.com

No comments:

Post a Comment